Thursday, April 7, 2011

Edward: Only Just a Dream








"I promise that this will be the last time you’ll see me. I won’t come back. I won’t put you through anything like this again. You can go on with your life without any more interference from me. It will be as if I’d never existed."

"I hope you enjoy disappointment."


"It’s better if we’re not friends. Trust me."


"Go stop Jessica and Angela before I have to track them down, too. I don’t think I could restrain myself if I ran into your other friends again."


"You really should stay away from me."


"You’re not good for me, Bella"


"Don’t be offended, but you seem to be one of those people who just attract accidents like a magnet. So… try not to fall into the ocean or get run over or anything, all right?"


Edward Cullen? WHAT A JERK!


Okay so maybe these quotations were taken a bit out of context. But really, I am going to get to the bottom of this.


What is it about Mr. Cullen that gets us drooling and suddenly considering the idea that drinking blood and being immortal really wouldn't be that awful? He doesn't exactly have a warm personality. He could decide to end your life any instant and does he even have "real person" feelings?


So what is it? Why is he sooooooo attractive? I am going to try to point out the reasons why he is a potential Mr. Right to a lot of girls despite his sunless face, killer instinct, and dry humor.



"Justine's Edward Theory"




1. Mysterious: He doesn't say a lot, but just enough to keep you interested. If he sat down and told Bella his life story and discussed his feelings all the time, he would be way less attractive.



2. Protective: Most girls like to know that their guy can throw down if push comes to shove. Just one look from Edward sends a group of guys scurrying away like they saw Hulk Hogan lunging toward them with a metal chair. Girls like a sense of security and that usually means knowing her guy could keep her safe. Edward comes to Bella's rescue countless times.


3. Adventurous: Who wouldn't want to climb mountains and trees with their boyfriend (and on his back ta boot)? Or run from a pack of vampires wanting to rip your head off? I know I like a little adrenaline rush every once in a while.


4. Exclusivity: Edward makes Bella feel like she is the only one. He looks her right in the eye and likes spending one on one time with her. He doesn't even look at other women!


5. Showing off: Girls like to know their man is proud to be seen with them. Edward holds Bella's hand in public and was not hesitant to bring her to meet the family.


6. Handsome: The hair, the eyes, even the fangs are attractive on this young fella.


7. Soft and tough side: One minute he is playing a love song on the piano and the next he is ripping off the head of another vampire. A lot of girls like a romantic yet tough guy.


8. Marriage: He mentions marriage before Bella even thinks of it. Surreal. I am going to go ahead and have to call shenanigans on this one. Unrealistic.


9. Respect: Bella wants to get physical, but Edward refuses because doesn't want to hurt her. I call shenanigans on this one too.


I know there are plenty of women out there who do not find this man attractive what-so-ever and maybe they just have a more realistic view of men.


But hey! It's fun to dream isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment